Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Announcing New Friends of the Court

The Friend of the Court Bureau would like to welcome and introduce new local FOC directors.

Trinja Henrickson

Friend of the Court

51st Circuit Court, Mason County 

Education and experience:

Bachelor of Arts, Grand Valley State University

Prior to my promotion, I was a Friend of the Court case manager.

Interests and activities:

In my free time, I love spending time with my three wonderful children.

What motivates you about your job?

My office works as a great team. It makes the job something to look forward to.

What is your favorite quote?

“May the Force be with you.” -Star Wars

 

Traci Schenkel

Friend of the Court

17th Circuit Court, Kent County

Education and experience:

Bachelor of Arts in English, Michigan State University

Graduate Teacher Certification, Grand Valley State University

Juris Doctor, Western Michigan University, Thomas M. Cooley Law School

Assistant FOC (September 2019-October 2022), Kent County ADR Caseworker (May 2015-September 2019), Mediator/ evaluator at Kent County FOC (December 2014-May 2015), Family law attorney (2009-2014). Prior to law school: high school math teacher.

Interests and activities:

I love to garden, especially annual and perennial flowers, and my garden beds expand every year. My favorite season is spring because I love to stomp the yard each day to see all the new growth. I also enjoy a potentially unhealthy amount of true crime documentaries and mystery novels.

What motivates you about your job?

I love the people I work with and feel incredibly fortunate to work with my FOC colleagues, whom I find to be passionate and dedicated to our mission to ensure children receive financial and emotional support from both parents when parents are not living in the same home. I also believe in this mission and feel passionately about the fact that FOC is well-situated to have a positive impact on people’s lives. Most individuals who interact with the legal system and court system do so through domestic relations, and we have the responsibility to foster public trust in the court system for current and future generations. I take this responsibility seriously and am committed to seeking improvements and advances worthy of public trust.